A qualified, competent Realtor will help you navigate the myriad of decisions that arise when buying and selling a home. A realtor provides value to the homeowner in many ways:
- Choose a Realtor, not all licensed real estate salespersons (or brokers) are Realtors. Realtors agree to abide by a Code of Ethics in their dealings with buyers and sellers. Realtors are members of the National Association of Realtors and participate in local Board of Realtors. Therefore, when you have real estate needs, always choose a Realtor.
- Pays for all marketing and advertising costs.
- Adds experience and expertise in all aspects of the sales process including marketing, financing, negotiations and more.
- Handles all showings.
- Brings a network of known, trusted real estate professionals. If your Realtor doesn't have the answer, he or she likely knows someone who does.
- Always has your interests in mind so you always have someone on your side.
- Can handle and advise on all price and contract negotiations.
- Provides you with all the possible options and opportunities without holding back.
- Gives an unbiased, realistic view of your home and your options. Unlike buyers and sellers, a Realtor has no emotional attachment to property.
- Has the knowledge to help you ask the right questions.
- Being a third party, potential buyers are more likely to tell your realtor the truth about your home, even if it is unflattering. This objective viewpoint will help you make the necessary changes to get your home sold.
- Your time is valuable. A Realtor allows you to spend your time how you want.